MC75 "always on" radio application

J Jamie Craig 3 years 4 months ago
0 3 0

I have a customer that does not trust their users (fair call) and is using AppCentre to control what applications they have access to. They do not want to give the user access to the phone, and their SIM is a data service only anyway. They have found at times (unknown reason at this stage) the phone switches off and are looking for a small application - or at least the ability - to "monitor" the phone radio turning off and switch it back on automatically. Thinking out loud is there a policy available/creatable in MSP 3.2 that would do the job? TIA

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hello You can use SymScript to log the WAN power state, install cab can be found at http://compass.mot.com/go/260896418 You could also modify this to detect when it is off and then turn back on.  But the script may also provide information about what circumstance the radio is being turned off i.e. low battery

J Jamie Craig

Great, I'll give it a go...

J Jamie Craig

Interestingly the customer has had feedback from their legal department in regards to using SymScript in a production environment and looking further into it even our site specifically mentions "use for troubleshooting/debugging only". So yes, we can certainly use SymScript to troubleshoot but for a production environment we need a better solution. The troubleshooting has revealed that when the main and backup battery run flat the radio is closed and it seems the "state" of the radio is saved. When the device is charged and the device is "turned on" the radio state is still set to off. What we are hoping is that the radio can be turned on when the device is charged.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?