Retry and Timeout Value IPv6

// Expert user has replied.
A Aleksandr Dekhtyar 3 years 4 months ago
0 4 0

11/17/2008 Normal Response Time MC7094 WM5 BSP43 clarify case #1776376 Once we provide a solution to our customers how to disable IPv6 stack on WM5 devices. However, as we discovered later, it will disable Activesync on the device. As a workaround for the issue, customer is asking if it is possible to adjust Retry and Timeout Values for IPv6?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

A Aleksandr Dekhtyar

Here is an e-mail I received from the support rep. in Australia. So, we can suspend this topic: Please feel free to close this case. I have found enough information on this to keep the customer satisfied. Marco

A Aleksandr Dekhtyar

While ago this customer complained that IPv6 traffic was overloading his network and he asked how to disable IPv6. George get this info from Microsoft to remove tcpip6 stack reference from  HLMC/comm/Afd Unfortunately we found a hard way that Active sync stop working and Microsoft. Why the tide together ??? don't ask me  Now customer is looking for workaround to to work with the timers on IPv6

D David Meyer

I searched all WM documentation and the only configurable IPv6 registry keys are for things like addresses, hop limits, nothing to do with timing.

D David Meyer

Alex, What issue is the customer trying to solve?  Is IPv6 actually causing this customer a problem?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?