Case 1777587 MC9090 Network Mapping Path

// Expert user has replied.
G Glenn Sobel 3 years 4 months ago
0 4 0

1) Time/Date 11/19/08 4:30pm

2) Response time

3) Product MC9090

4) OS Version WM 5.0

5) Clarify Case # 1777587 customer has network paths mapped on the device. the customer states the user name and password have been saved where any one can access those network folders they are asking to find a way to find where the password is stored or looking to have the unit ask for a user name and password on connection to the mapped drive again without wiping out the device. Is there a way to disable the option to allow the password to be saved , where the end user is always forced to enter in the user name and password information. is there a registry key that can do this? I have tried to do hard reset but persistent storage has retained the network mapping and password. Using Remcapture, I think the information is encrypted, in the following location  local machine\comm\security\CredMan\Creds\2.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

G Glenn Sobel

when first established , user is prompted if wish to save user name and  password. once saved, user is never prompted again. if the device has to be shared with different end users administrator does not want each end user to have access to other end user's folder. this request is to see if can un-save the user name and password without reloading the whole device and to see if can prevent further instances of this occurring.

A Aleksandr Dekhtyar

Glen, I think the issue is to disable an option to store user name / password in a first place. Not to delete it after.

G George Dellaratta

We've had password caching questions before.  The standard answer from Microsoft is: In summary, the device is meant to be a single-use device.  Therefore, password caching was designed into the OS.  You have a situation where multiple users may use a device, thus a desire to clear passwords.  There isn’t a UI to do this. However, Microsoft has provided an unsupported method by deleting all of the keys under:  HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Passwords

G George Dellaratta

How did the customer log into the network in the first place?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?