MC9090 WM5 My Work Network Settings

// Expert user has replied.
R Reginald Corpuz 3 years 4 months ago
3 7 0

Nov. 25, 2008 MC9090 WM5 BSP43 Customer would like to Persist the setting to permanently uncheck the option in the Proxy tab "This network connects to the Internet" which is under Start->Settings->Connections Tab->Connections->Advanced->Select Networks, My Work Network, Proxy Settings Tab.  RemCapture can't see this setting, do you have the .reg for this? 

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

G Glenn Sobel

performed the following test. MC70 - wm50 - BSP 39 clean and blank device. navigated to proxy tab. check box was not selected by default. did not alter anything, select ok , all the way back to the today screen. navigated back to the proxy tab check box was selected.

G Glenn Sobel

just so I can explain to the customer, can you tell me 1. why there is no support to persist this feature 2. what would be the logic to have that check box would remained check once entering the page

D David Meyer

1) Because Microsoft does not document any way to persist this and has not made persisting this Microsoft setting an option. 2) Microsoft set it up that way.

G George Dellaratta

There is no supported method to persist these settings. However, my MC70 WM5.0 device defaults to this check box being UNCHECKED.  I'm not sure why the customer sees this box CHECKED by default. Can you load a WM5.0 device and clean boot it to see how yours comes up by default? If you see it UNCHECKED by default then maybe the customer is using an unsupported method to persist the setting that won't allow him to change it back.

G George Dellaratta

My MC9090 with BSP43 also defaults to UNCHECKED

G George Dellaratta

This question has come up quite often.  The answer is still, there is no supported method to persist these keys.

G Glenn Sobel

Just to make sure the question is understood (question was posted for me - (1781685)) on a wm50 device, customer goes Start > Setting > Connections Tab->Connections icon ->Advanced->Select Networks, Set top dropdown box to My Work Network, Select Edit > Proxy Settings Tab . customer unselects the "This network connects to the Internet" check box , keep selecting ok. until at the today screen. if re-enters the Proxy Settings Tab and that check box is selected again. This customer was sent to us from the wireless group. The notes from the customer in the case state "Hi Ryan,I ran the update and went through the reboot but it came up and said the SSID name next to Wi-Fi and the application did not work. Then I went into Connections - Connections - Advanced - edited the top Work Network and unchecked the box that said this network connects to the internet - saved everything. The WIFI icon said Network card. I could ping the server on the network and the application worked.Then it went into power save and when I brought it back, the WIFI was displaying the SSID name and Connection Setting had the checkbox next to This network connects to the internet. The application did not work.I went in unchecked the box again and it worked. How do I get that uncheck box to stay unchecked?" Is there no way to persist the setting? should not the setting remain uncheck ? especially since it is persistent storage? i was able to reproduce just by re-entering the Proxy Tab window does the setting persist as long as the customer does not go back into that window? need to tell customer how to do this or have to tell the wireless group no way to persist the setting.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?