MC9094 Bluetooth printing issues

// Expert user has replied.
P Peter Murphy 3 years 4 months ago
0 3 0

I have a customer who is experiencing Bluetooth printing problems with their Route Accounting application. These problems recently occurred after their MC9094s were upgraded to BSP 43 - BTExplorer version 1.2.4, Build 15260. They are using Zebra RW 420 Bluetooth printers, their route application uses the FieldSoftware Products’ Bluetooth Printer SDK as follows:

Properties Field

Cab File

Comments

PPC

Company

FieldSoftware Products

File Version

V2.951

Internal Name

PrinterCE.SDK

Language

English

Legal Trade Mark

-

OLE Self Register

-

Original File Name

PrengineCE.dll

Private Build Description

-

Product Name

Printer SDK Module

Product Version

V2.951

Special Build Description

-

I've scanned printed invoices demonstrating the Bluetooth Printing problem (see attached Invoices.doc). There are 3 invoices on this scanned image, invoices A, B & C. Invoice A represents a trial invoice printed off once a delivery is completed and prior to customer reconciliation.

When a customer accepts delivery and reconciliation is complete, the customer signs the MC9094 touch screen and a facsimile of the customer’s signature is appended to the invoice and the invoice is re-printed resulting in invoice B.

In the document, invoice B is exactly the same invoice as invoice A except the customer's signature, in this case the word "Test" has been appended to the end as a signature... you can see the result... the entire ASCII portion of the invoice is just a series of squiggles until the signature prints out.

Invoice C demonstrates the issue self corrects once the signature has been printed and was printed immediately after invoice B.

Has anyone seen similar problems? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Regards, PKM

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

T Thomas Cassar

Check with Tier2 support, they can provide you with an update BT stack to test with that has not been posted to Betazone yet.  I believe they should be able to provide build 24200.

J Jim Fuccello

Hi.  If I understand this correctly when a signature graphic is included in the printout the textual portion is printed as garbage.  In my experience this type of thing could be that the printer was set into a graphic mode but text was sent to it or the on-terminal rendering confused text and graphics and then it was all sent to the printer as metacommand graphics.  This could be an application/library error.     Since the BT serial port profile is only a pipe I doubt that it somehow altered the data.  Maybe data was dropped and that caused the printer to render text as graphics because a command was missed.   Either way you need to start with the help desk, then move to an SPR, etc to get this resolved.  Keep me in the loop. Jim

j joseph boriotti

Was this a problem with the previous maintenance release image and do you have any MC9094's with the previous build image you can test with to validate something hasn't changed in the customers app or with the printer that made this happen?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?