iebrowser (CE) vs iexplore and the ENTER KEY

// Expert user has replied.
M Michael Holman 3 years 4 months ago
0 2 0

I have a customer that has been using 9060/9090 CE devices using iebrowser.  The home page has no visible data field and the user hits ENTER to get to login page. They recently purchased iSafe 9090 w/WM5 and are trying to use iexplore for the same function. The ENTER key is not taking them to the login page.  Even the SIP ENTER key will not submit and take them to the next page. I was reminded of the "SpecialEnterTabKey" registry setting, but this was not the issue. Any ideas are very welcome.  I would like to have them purchase Symbol PocketBrowser but they are very frugal and so I ask...

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

CE and WM use different versions of the internet explorer. There are some features which are not supported in WM5 including some javascript objects and methods - which I believe are used in the home page of your customer. Did you test their application with the PocketBrowser? It may not work as well as this is the system libraries issue. We had similar problem here in Russia and ended up with a custom product which was MC9090-S but with Windows CE. The only solution for WM (at least now) is to use 3rd-party browsers like Opera. Here is msdn link where you may find what is supported in IE on Windows Mobile http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms879886.aspx

H Horst Anderlohr

A good alternative solution is using the Wavelink Web Browser, worth to give it a try. If you got time to wait for the WM 6.1 next maintenance release (I am talking not about January...), I expect that the new Microsoft AKU will have IE 6 on Board, which will solve your problem.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?