competing with L2 wireless security of intermec

// Expert user has replied.
A Arnold Joseph Ballesteros 3 years 4 months ago
1 2 0

we have a customer who want to do wireless server-client L2 encryption using intermec's  AirFortress on MCD's.  Is there a way to counter this with our own products? 

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

M Mark Mann

Hi Arnold, Airfortress ususally consist of three components: First it's a Wireless Security Gateway appliance Second Secure Client - load on a mobile device, laptop etc. Third - Acts as an Access Control Server - user and device policys. I believe all you have to due is load the client software on our mobile device (not sure what the cost is per client) and then configure the security appliance to allow this device type, user access based upon your security policy. Attached is a data sheet I found on the web about this.  http://www.fortresstech.com/getdoc/55934d85-0b97-475d-bdda-9b4e2a249d08… Hope this helps. Cheers, Mark

M Mark Mann

Hi Arnold, I would look to position Motorola's Wireless solution where we do standards base Security such as 802.1x and compliment the entire solution with our AirDefense which will do the 24 x 7 monitoring of there network (plus spectrum analizer, sniffing etc..).  They'll be able to protect our clients and APs (without additional software loaded on the client, unless certificates for 802.1x), mitigate rouge threats either malicious or unintentional.  Then round this with a total management solution for both devices and infrastructure all from one vendor.  So position our overall total solutions as we can provide them all factors (Central Management of Infrastructure(RFMS) & Mobile Device (MSP3.2), Dedicated 7 x 24 Monitoring (AirDefense),  when deploying a WiFi networks and devices.  Hopefully, this will be more powerfull than Intermec just proposing a Layer 2 security solution. Cheers, Mark

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?