Multiple RADIUS server support under WS5100 v3

// Expert user has replied.
I Ian Jobson 3 years 4 months ago
0 2 0

All, I have a customer running WS5100s version 3.0.2 (they are looking to move to 3.2 shortly), who would like to set up support for multiple RADIUS servers providing authentication for different things. I.e. they would like the WS5100 to point to one central RADIUS server for remote laptop users moving from store to store And they would like to point to a second RADIUS server to authenticate WS5100 admin access. Is this possible? Thanks IJ

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

R Robert Caporino

Ian Yes this is possible. The switch has seperate RADIUS server configurations for Admin login and WLAN user authentication. Under Management Acces> Users > Authentication tab you can specify the RADIUS server to use to authenticate admin login to the switch and under the WLAN you can specify a different server for the WLAN users to authenticate to. Attached is a document on User Login to the switch.

K Kevin Marshall

Ian, This is absolutely supported! 1) WiNG supports a primary and secondary AAA server for each WLAN profile. 2) WiNG supports one or more AAA servers for admin authentication. You can also specify a fallback authentication method in the event that the AAA server(s) are unreachable. Regards, Kevin

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?