MC9090 DPM WM6.1 Upgrade problem

// Expert user has replied.
A Arsen Bandurian 3 years 4 months ago
19 3 0

Hello.

I’m trying to upgrade MC9090-GW0HJEA6WR (MC9090-G, DPM, WM5.0) to WM6.1 as per this “UpgradingMC909Xv1.0.doc” document with license and everything else in place (AC power, etc).
I'm using method #1 (SBL Update) and Storage Card.
Flash update was OK.

Then when I launch StartUpLdr – the device reboots, then flashes Monitor partition, then reboots again (it looks more like emergency crash), and that’s it – I get back to WM5.

So now I have:

OS Version: 05.01.0478

OEM Version: 01.43.0000

IPL Version: 02.53.534

Power Micro: 11.27.0001

CPLD Ver: 02.07

Any suggestions? Can anyone confirm that MC9090 DPM is supported with this upgrade?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

T Thomas Cassar

Are you really clicking on "StartUpLdr"? If you follow the instructions you will see that you should be executing: " 90XXw61X001Upgrade.exe".

A Arsen Bandurian

/me feels soooo lame, what a waste of time... thanks for pointing out!

T Thomas Cassar

No problem.  I wanted to point it out as a reminder to all when using the WM5.0 to WM6.1 upgrade files.  It is a very easy mistake to make, since we are so accustomed to clicking on "StartUpLdr".  The same holds for MC70, except the file would be 7 0XXw61X001Upgrade.exe. The other common mistake is on copying the files to the SD card.  Some have copied over the WM6.1_SBLUpdate folder.  Only the files within that folder should be copied over.  The folder structure on the SD card should appear as it does in the screen shot in the instructions document.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?