Deleting the Motorola out of Box profile

I Ian Jobson 3 years 4 months ago
1 3 0

Is it possible to completely delete the Motorola out of box profile on an MC17? A partner is testing a system for a major customer in the UK at the moment and has found that with the customer's RF profile and the out of box profile both in place the units will sometimes not connect to the wireless network. They have tried deleting the profile but when the units reboot it re-appears. They are currently going through the process of disabling the profile which seems to survive the reboot, but would prefer to have the profile removed completely going forward. IJ

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

V Venkateshan Ramasubramanian

yes. Copy the attached file to \Application folder of device and cold boot -Venky

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hello, I have no experience with MC17 but if it is a CE5 device that has an platform folder you can delete the following reg file if exists. FusionOBMProfile.reg Helps on all CE5 devices with Fusion. Thomas 

A Alan Livingston

MC 17 is a Windows CE terminal, so Fusion is installed at boot using .cpy files and .reg files from the Platform directory.  You can't guarantee the order that RegMerge will process .reg files, so it's possible that Venky's solution could fail. Tom's solution is better, but I would rename the file to FusionOBMProfile.reg.original or something similar not ending in ,reg.  This will stop RegMerge from processing the file and adding the OBM (101) profile yet you still have the original file on the terminal in case you decide to reverse the change in the future. For WM terminals, the solution would be opposite.  Venky's solution to delete the .reg key using a .reg file would be the best solution.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?