MC35 charger problem

// Expert user has replied.
A Arnold Joseph Ballesteros 3 years 4 months ago
5 5 0

Anyone have encountered an MC35 charger that only powers the MC35 but does not charge the battery?  When you insert the charger to the mini-usb, it will only displays a battery icon with 4 bars on the top instead of a plug icon.  The amber LED is also not blinking.   This already happened with 3 chargers of our customers and also happened to my own charger also.   

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

H Herbert De Jong

also note that the Keypad Firmware 1.4.7.2 can have some side- effects related to Battery led behavior and correctly displaying charge status. If you are using WM5 X24_L21a or WM6 A04-L12a make sure you use the KeypadFW 1.5.7.4 on the terminals as well.

S Santiago Hormazabal

By any chance, do you have that keypad firmware file at hand? Or even the WM5 X24_L21a? Zebra got rid of everything related to this device, and no archives were found. Thanks!

J Jamie Craig

I also have an ISV who is developing applications on the MC35. They have the devices on USB cables all day and at the end of the day they put them on the MC35 chargers overnight to recharge them. Not so much a customer problem but a pain for the partner's users. So there is nothing you can do as far as powering off standard USB?

E Efkan YILMAZ

Arnold,  In my experience this will happen when the charger is not the one shipped with the MC35 i.e. if you use another mini USB charger (from a different product) then it does not fast charge the battery since it only has one pin connected for charging whereas the MC35 needs two. If it is the correct MC35 charger and it behaves this way then I think it would indicate a fault in the charger itself. Best Regards, Ian Hatton EMb EMEA

A Arsen Bandurian

Hi, there are also rumors that when all MC35's radios (WWAN, WLAN, WPAN, GPS) are turned on it actually draws more power than traditional USB (5V/1A) supplies. So make sure you use the proper charger (the one supplies with MC35 is actually more powerful)! Might this be helpful?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?