MC55 VOIP problems: it comes from the loudspeaker!

J Jon Preedy 3 years 4 months ago
0 2 0

Team... hoping someone can shed some light on a problem that is giving me the strangest sense of deja vu... We are trying to run the IPBlue VOIP client on the MC55, talking back to a Cisco Call Manager box. Everything works fine... but the received voice (ie, when the other party speaks) comes out of the loudspeaker. I remember the same thing happening back on the MC50, and we had a "voice shim" for it. This is now baked into the platform, and we have tried invoking VQMAudioNotify in /Windows, but it gets us nowhere. We get the little status icon, sure, but we are unable to enable anything, nothign changes, and the software reports as "AEC Off" when queried. Has anyone had (and resolved) this problem before? I'm at a loss here. Thanks in advance! -JP

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Jon,    There is a Motorola specific API (Audio Extension , documented in the EMDK) to switch between the front and rear speakers - this would need to be implemented in the VOIP client in order to redirect audio to the front. You can also switch manually using the attached audiocontrol.exe utility which can be run while the VOIP client is active in order to select the output required. Best Regards, Ian Hatton EMb EMEA

R Richard Nedwich

IP Blue has performed direct integration to our platform, so VQM is not needed when using an IP Blue client. 1.  Disable VQM 2. Make sure you have the latest/greatest IP Blue client.  There was an issue reported and resolved when they ported to WM6.1 which might help here 3. Suggest contacting IP Blue for technical support (open a ticket).  This is also a good way to check #2 at the same time.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?