Can UPC/EAN barcodes be trimmed on MC1000 using scanner API?

// Expert user has replied.
S Stephen Vye 3 years 4 months ago
3 2 0

Hi All,Can the MC1000 Scanner API be used to strip prefix character/s and suffix or check digit character/s from UPC and EAN barcodes? I would like to think the API has this capability to do ADF with our .NET EMDK, or Pocket Browser, or Datawedge ver 3 come to that ???I don't have much development experience at all, but the following extract is from the old SDK guide on our Support Site:"Each decoder can have its own decoder specific parameters. These include the barcode lengths to be enabled and other parameters controlling things such as redundancy, check digits, and conversions of barcode types. These parameters are controlled via the SCAN_GetDecoderParams and SCAN_SetDecoderParams functions. The UPC and EAN barcode types have some common parameters that effect more than one decoder. Because of this, a separate category of UPC/EAN parameters exists and is controlled by the SCAN_GetUPCEANParams and SCAN_SetUPCEANParams functions."Does this mean we have to get a partner to write code to interrogate the Scanner to figure out what functions it has???CheersSteve Vye

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

D Dilshan Perera

Steve, DataWedge 3.0 has this capability and can do ADF but MC1000 is not supported with DW 3.0 currently due to configuration limitations. But I believe with 3.1 which is due in June this could be sorted out as it has full remote configuration support as current available remote configuration fails to work in certain network configurations which has proxy servers. Thanks, Dilshan

S Stephen Vye

Thanks Dilshan. Does anyone know about the ability to trim the prefix/suffix within the scanner API for our .NET EMDK? Cheers Steve

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?