High failure rate - no sound

// Expert user has replied.
A Andrew Wood 3 years 4 months ago
1 7 0

Anyone seen any issues with no sound from the 75? The customer has deployed 200 x 75's  but since October have returned 41 units and have another 4 waiting to come in. Of these over 50% have been because the unit has no sound, either from screen or telephone. We have requested some fault analysis from the repair depot but while im waiting i thought i would see if anyone else has had similar failures. ThanksAndy

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

K Kenneth Rivalsi

It has been confirmed that the Black Bay VMC2500 uses a power supply that exhibits the same problem as our original Vehicle Charging Adapter (25-70979-01R).  It is almost certain that it is the exact same power supply. Confirmation has been requested from manufacturer of our VCA.

A Andrew Wood

Guys, I have been talking to David Stern about this issue - this is were I'm up to. The customer uses the VCD in most of his fleet with approx 10 units of VCA - in trucks that are on loan. The customer has seen the issue on both vehicle types. The VCD's are hard wired into the truck. The units are charged in a 4 slot connected to a 50-14000-241R back at the depot.  Could it be that the 75 is also prone to voltage spikes when in the VCD? I have asked for a break down on what was repaired at our depot - I will let you know.

D Don Khan

Andrew,               I raised this very question during the February MCD call.  The response from Greg was "no" to the MC75 being affected in a similar manner when the Vehicle Cradle was employed. Very interested in your findings. Don

K Kenneth Rivalsi

In MCD engineering we have a test fixture which was built to cause the Vehicle Charging Adapter (VCA) to generate the problematic voltage spike ot the MC75 Terminal.  That is, this test fixture presents a low voltage (brownout) to the VCA which causes the VCA to output to the Terminal, a spike of voltage.  This has been used to characterize the problem in Holtsville. Today we used this same test fixture and ran the same test on the Vehicle Cradle.  When the input voltage to the Vehicle Cradle dipped, the output to the Terminal remained clean.  We do not believe that the Vehicle Cradle is causing any problem with the MC75 Terminal. Note: a MC70 Vehicle Cradle was used for this test.  Test will be repeated with an MC75 Vehicle Cradle within 1 week but the designs are very similar and I expect the same results.  - Ken Rivalsi

H Herbert De Jong

Andy is the customer by any change using Car Charge Sigarette Adapter ?

P Pavel Bodjanac

Hi Andy, I have a similar issue with a CASP SPR 16315, but my customers units have no speakerphone sound only when in phone mode. Engineering evaluation from our sample failed units showed two issues. One issue were pinched receiver wires which shorted and grounded, causing a CODEC failure. We only had a small number of failures with this issue and may be contributed to initial manufacturing learning curve. We are waiting to see if the customer has any more failures to send engineering for analysis. Second issue were failures resulting from the VCA issue, which is also a CASP SPR 16209. I looked at the CASP SPR 16547 notes and it inidicate these units were also failures resulting from the VCA issue, CASP SPR 16209.

B Brian Safran

There is a CASP going on about this issue right now. SPR # is 16547.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?