MC 17 poor performance on a simple web application

// Expert user has replied.
M Marcus Kurath 3 years 4 months ago
0 2 0

I am working with a customer who would like to use a web based application on the mC17. The application is about 312KB and the data which is exchanged is about 6KB. the screen taks between 1.5 and 2 seconds to paint. The exact same program on an LXE handheld paints in sub second times. I have tested both the MC17 and the MC17T. The MC17 has a 312 Mhz peocessor amd the MC17T has a 520Mhz processor. The LXE has a 560Mhz processor. There is no difference between the 2 MC17's which indicates to me that this is not a CPU issue. I also checked and there is ample memory available for both storage and programs. I used a reg file whit the folowing contents to increase Cache size[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache\Content]"CacheLimit"=dword:00002000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache\Cookies]"CacheLimit"=dword:00002000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache\History]"CacheLimit"=dword:00002000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]"SyncMode5"=dword:3Any ideas on ways to improve the performance would be appreciated.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

A Avinash Nijampure

Hello Marc, May be you are already doing this, but just as a suggestion that helped me , try using AJAX as much as possible for data exchange between server and the device, It helped us a great deal, and now we are able to achieve sub second  response time. Agreed the page transitions will not benefit from AJAX, but in most cases you can avoid page transitions by actively modifying the page DOM with the values returned from AJAX response. Hope this helps -Avinash 

K Kjell Lloyd

Sorry for the late feedback but worth adding... We have seen some slugginesh when the Storage disk is running out of memory, mainly because the IE Cache folder is continously adding new files even if it should try to cache. I have tried numerous reg settings to limit or try to disable the cache but without any success yet. Maybe someone knows how to do this under Windows CE?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?