MC 17 poor performance on a simple web application

M Marcus Kurath 3 years 4 months ago
0 0 0

I am working with a customer who would like to use a web based application on the mC17. The application is about 312KB and the data which is exchanged is about 6KB. the screen taks between 1.5 and 2 seconds to paint. The exact same program on an LXE handheld paints in sub second times. I have tested both the MC17 and the MC17T. The MC17 has a 312 Mhz peocessor amd the MC17T has a 520Mhz processor. The LXE has a 560Mhz processor. There is no difference between the 2 MC17's which indicates to me that this is not a CPU issue. I also checked and there is ample memory available for both storage and programs. I used a reg file whit the folowing contents to increase Cache size[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache\Content]"CacheLimit"=dword:00002000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache\Cookies]"CacheLimit"=dword:00002000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache\History]"CacheLimit"=dword:00002000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]"SyncMode5"=dword:3Any ideas on ways to improve the performance would be appreciated.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?