calling control panel modules

// Expert user has replied.
A Afshin Mansoorieh 3 years 4 months ago
18 8 0

Does anyone know how to start individula modules in the control panel in WINCE5.0?As an example, I can use the following command with SymScript on a WM5.0 device and it starts the sounds-notifocations, but does nothing on a WINCE5.0.Any suggestions are apreaciated.

Afshin

Please Register or Login to post a reply

8 Replies

A Afshin Mansoorieh

yes, and i had to find the index that i was looking for by trial and error. the following site is listed in the SymScript manaul and explaines all the different functiones of CNTPNL, but it is meant for PPC devices: http://www.spbteam.com/pocketpc/articles/controlpanel.html

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hello Afshin, Forgot about the link in the SymScript manual - that was a few years ago! But what you can do with SymScript/emScript is get the command line used to start the application.  This will give you the correct command line without having to know it in advance.  There is a script ProcessListLoop.spt- run this then start the control panel app - then after 30 seconds pull back the process snapshot it generates (dumps out every 30 seconds) - it will list the command line option used to start the control panel.  So you can ensure you get the correct command line for WM/CE. 

R Richard Linsley-Hood

To add to what Ken said, ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,1 - set password ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,2 - set ownerinfo ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,3 - battery status ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,4 - memory status ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,5 - about ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,7 - align ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,8 - keyboard settings ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,9 - sound ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,10- remove programs ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,11- start menu ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,12- button assignments ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,13- today screen ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,15- beam settings ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,16- clock ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,17- network adapters ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,18- regional settings ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,19- connections ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,20- phone settings ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,22- manage certificates ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,23- bluetooth are just some of the things you can launch via a shortcut. Richard LH

E Efkan YILMAZ

Richard, I tried using this list when invoking the date/time applet on a VC5090 and WT4090 (CE 5.0) and the ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,16 for clock didn't work.  Through trial and error I found that it had to be ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,13 instead.  The list you provided appears to be for WM.  I'm not sure why it's different, but I haven't been able to find a similar list for CE. Ken

E Efkan YILMAZ

Yes, the control panel indices will be different for each OS (CE 5.0, WM 5.0, WM 6.0, WM 6.1).  This is due to a different set of control panel applets being included for each OS version.  This can change the order of the control panel applets.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Afshin, I didn't see what you are doing with WM5 on your posting, but I'm using the AppCenter REG settings below to invoke the Date/Time applet on a WT4090 and VC5090: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Symbol\AppCenter\Date/Time] "Description"="Date/Time" "Execute"=" \\windows\\ctlpnl.exe" "Arguments"=" \\windows\\cplmain.cpl,13" "IconFile"=" \\windows\\cplmain.cpl,-5170" "Window1"="Date/Time Properties|Dialog" "ReadOnly"=dword:00000000 "HideFromUser"=dword:00000001 "HideAllTaskBars"=dword:00000000 "HideDoneButton"=dword:00000000 "HideStartMenu"=dword:00000001 "HideSip"=dword:00000001 "AutoStart"=dword:00000000 "StartupDelay"=dword:00000000 "RelaunchInterval"=dword:00000000 This should be "ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,13" from the command line.  You may need to play with the value after the comma (i.e. 13) until you find the one that calls up the applet you're looking for. Ken

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hello Afshin, What I do is get the control panel you want displayed.  Run a script in a loop that dumps out the extended process information to a file.  One parameters logged is the command line used to start start the application. for Symscript you woudl see something like SYMSCRIPTWM.EXE Memory usage for Process 8045e040: 'SYMSCRIPTWM.EXE' Slot 20 PID 0xE6CBFCAA Command Line : /NOWARN /SINGLEINSTANCE /SCRIPT:\Application\SymScript\ResourceMonitorV3.spt Primary Thread TID: 0xE6CBFF56 Level of trust 0x02regards

m monnal lioo

Have you all seen the main topic here that tells us all about calling control panel modules? We can look into https://www.proessaywriting.com/coursework/ this as that can be what there are many in need and will like to explore as that can be there for those who like it for sure.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?