Intermec CN4 vs MC75 - Comparative Analysis

// Expert user has replied.
A Andrea Sada 3 years 4 months ago
2 7 0

Hi All I have a partner who is claiming that they are already encountering the CN4 being offered to customers in some of our opportunities. Has anyone seen the CN4 being offered to customers? Do we have technical info or a comaprative analysis on the CN4 vs MC75 which can be shared? Regards

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

A Alexandre Silva

Hi all Please save this link for competitive information: http://compass.mot.com/go/266689070 There is much more documents how to position our products against Intermec. Attached one example with info against the CN4 and CN5 Hope this helps.

J Justin Walther

Hi Tariq I have found the attached competitive sheet on Compass, so hope this will be of use.

Would be interested to see how the TFT displays copes with indoor and outdoor use as we use transflective so that LED backlighting illuminates the display indoors, but also the reflective surface produces readable images outdoors.

From tests in the UK for parking enforcement, with all radios switched on including GPS, I saw battery improvement anywhere between 1.5 to 2 hours using our 4800mah battery compared to their 4000mah battery.

For IP64, what type of area are the devices to be used? For dust protection, 5 indicates ingress of dust is not entirely prevented, but it must not enter in sufficient quantity to interfere with the satisfactory operation of the equipment; complete protection against contact.

Regards

Justin

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

CN4's display is QVGA! CN4 might be more brightful, but MC75's higher resolution yields on better human readability. Also, CN4's CPU runs at al slower rate than MC75's.

T Tariq Hasan

Thanks Justin, JAM, The device is to be used outdoors by service personnel. And Middle East is dusty, so IP64 is better. The PDF has some good points; does anyone know of the drawbacks of using a TFT - LCD display v/s the LED backlit display we do?

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hello Andrea Yes, we have seen this in the UK.  Local government, parking enforcement.  We are in a shoot out with MC75, PSION Ikon and CN3.  Intermec (yesterday) had a CN4 on site - but where being as secreative as they could - with comments to customer like "I should not be showing you this".  From what I understand they would not commit to any shipping dates or prices.

R Richard Linsley-Hood

Showed up yesterday in the UK. Looks like they have some seed terminals out there at least. No details on when it will be more widely available or anything else for that matter. Richard LH

T Tariq Hasan

We are in a situation with the CN4 where we have positioned the MC75. Does anyone have a comparision? Two key point where the Interemc got customers attention is the brighter display (TFT LCD) and the IP64 sealing.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?