Does our bar code scanners support industrial bar code

K KEN LIM 3 years 4 months ago
3 1 0

Hi team Just received the following email from partner who is responding to a tender. The tender specs say "the barcode reader shall have, but not limited to the following features:- a) read standard code 3 of 9, interleaved 2 of 5 format, industrial & matrix b) PS2 interface to PC and or notebook c) accommodate minimally paper of TT2C material & label size 70 x 25 mm and 50mm by 10mm d) illumination : 630nm visible Red LED e) scan Rate : 270 scans/second f) decode Rate : 270 decodes/second" Any one has any clue on what is a industrial bar code? Can any of our bar code scanner support that? If yes, can any of our product meet the specs stated above? Many thanks ken

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

A Andy Doorty

Hi Ken, I would interpret the "industrial & matrix" as the following: Industrial probably means; Code 128, Code 93, CodaBar and probably deriviates based on these types codes. An example is SCC-14 which is based on Code 128. The barcode data has a structure to it but encoded in a Code 128 symbology. Matrix usually means; Data Matrix, MaxiCode, QR Code To decode a Matrix Code type, one needs a Imager Version of a barcode scanner.  It sounds like the customer is using the barcode scanner in an industrial environment so I would assume they need a Rugged Type of scanner. So I would use a DS3408 (which will decode all the barcodes listed above). Note the DS versions are not laser based. Take out the matrix type of codes  requirement and look to use the LS 3008 or the LS3508. We just released a barcode scanner named the DS9808. There is a version of the the DS9808 that has both a Laser Scanner and a Imager. Andy

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?