// Expert user has replied.
A Anthony Ambler 3 years 4 months ago
3 4 0

1) 3/26/09

2) N/A

3) MC70

4) BSP 43

5) 1848780
This is the description of a .NET BT printing application that is having issues when a 2nd printer is paired and added to the BTExplorer favorites. MC70 OEM Verison: 05.43.0001 BTExplorer 1.2.6 Build 25049 Printer Drivers not installed Description of the issue: No connections are made directly in the BTExplorer the WPAN assembly of EMDK 2.1 for .NET is used. In using this the BT devices could be searched for and could be connected (paired). After this the serial port will be open using this WPAN Assembly, the data are written to this port and then the port will be closed. This is working as expected with a single BT printer very well. If there is now any requirement to print to an other printer, then it is possible to connect (pair) with this new printer, but when then the serial port is opened a BTExplorer window is opening to select the target printer. Is there any possibility to avoid this Window do print directly to the paired printer? When searching for new BT devices is it possible to show only devices which are currently discoverable? Per default this list contains all devices which are currently discoverable and any devices which were found at an other search. Thanks for any advice you can give. Tony

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

A Anthony Ambler

Hi Dave, I have asked the customer to provide us the BT section of their code. I will update as soon as I have a response from them. Thanks for your help. Tony

K Kenneth Ryan

One other piece of info to confirm Tony is what version of BTE are they using?  The default on BSP 43? I know we will see this from their code, but when they do the second pairing are they changing the LocalCOMPort property being used to select a different com port for the next pairing?

A Anthony Ambler

Dave and Ken, The customer responded and said they tested using BTExplorer 1.2.4 and the issue still occured . Then they reinstalled BTExplorer 1.2.6 and the issue no longer occurs. They said I can close the case for now and will let me know if they have any further problems. Thanks to both of you for your help. Tony

D David Meyer

Tony, Please attach sample code using the API so I can better understand how the pairing is being done. Thanks, Dave

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?