MC35 need to perfom manual sync to exchange server

// Expert user has replied.
H Howard Laser 3 years 4 months ago
1 4 0

Customer has Outlook e-mail set up through their exchange server to sync 'as items arrive' via their AT&T data connection.This is working, but intermittently, the user will see that they are not receiving e-mails, most likely due to a loss of coverage on the WAN. once the coverage is restored, the user needs to manually 'sync' or perform a send/receive in Outlook to start receiving the e-mails again. Thereafter, the e-mails will auto populate again, until loss of coverage starts the issue all over. Is this normal behavior and if so is there a workaround for this.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

P Peter Arcuri

Herbert, I'm glad to see you have had success in applying "WAN" always-on settings via XML provisioning as this is the preferred method of deploying configuration settings. Could you please post your .cpf file here. Thx,

E Efkan YILMAZ

Howard,  This could be due to the GPRS session not being re-established when the unit goes back into coverage i.e. the AS client does not automatically connect because there is no current GPRS connection whereas the session is being reconnected when the manual sync process is initiated. If this is the case then you may be able to avoid it by setting the GPRS always on registry key as detailed in the article posted at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=273450 Best Regards, Ian Hatton EMb EMEA

H Howard Laser

Ian, thank you. One question, when using that registry key...when you turn the phone on....should I be seeing the pop-up bubble stating 'connecting to GPRS  using My connection...... automatically?

H Herbert De Jong

Howard, XML provisioning is the easiest way to create a always on gprs entry after each phone on event the gprs connection should be established without using CM or other application by it self. see attached screenshot how it should look

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?