MC70 vs Janam

// Expert user has replied.
G Gary Miller 3 years 4 months ago
18 5 0

All,Does anyone have any competitive information regarding Janam devices? I have a customer that has MC70’s in a small part of their enterprise. Janam is in there demonstrating against our terminal. I have not seen the device so I do not know the model number that they are showing. They are claiming that it appears to work faster hitting a web server doing price look-ups. Again I have just been introduced to this news but I do not want to loose an oportunity to put this comparison to rest early.Any FUD against Janam is appreciated.

Thanks

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

E Efrem Robinson

Janam is made up of all ex-Symbol Technologies folks…. They know our stuff VERY well….. I think there might be a pending intellectual property law suit against them by us…. You might want to engage MOT product marketing for support with your opportunity….

At a minimum, the FUD I would throw at your customer is the difference between buying from a small, unproven startup in today’s economic climate vs. a proven leader with hundreds of thousands of mobile devices in the field….

All it might take is for Janam to miss their next round of VC funding and they are out of business….

Efrem

V Vidur Datt

I am not sure which accout this is or who is a part of the account management team.  But please contact me (Vidur K. Datt, MCD Product Marketing Management) immediately.  Vidur.Datt@motorola.com 631-738-3384

E Efkan YILMAZ

For anyone who needs it, I've posted the Janam product line, images and data sheets at http://compass.mot.com/go/312998511.

T Thomas Cassar

This might give you some background on the company.  They are just a few years old, started by some former Symbol guys.  You might want to attack their depth and support strength as they are a relatively new company.  What is there financial strength that they will be around five years from now? http://www.verticalsystemsreseller.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=6938FC4196BE4…

T Thomas Cassar

One more thing, up until recently (last year?) it appears they have been focused on the Palm OS. It looks like they only just brought a Windows Mobile device to market last September. We have been developing products on the Microsoft CE/Pocket PC/Windows Mobile platforms for many years.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?