MSP 3.x to be run on Windows Server 2008

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 4 months ago
0 4 0

are there any plans to run MSP 3.x on Windows Server 2008 - or is this maybe already possible somehow ?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

A Alexandre Silva

and from Daphanie Wallace: Running MSP 3.x on Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 is being discussed internally for a possible late 2009 delivery, however, this is very dependent upon customer uptake of these two products. The BU would like to hear from your customers on how quickly or slowly Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 are being implemented with our existing installed base and with new customers.  Please feel free to use this thread or send me direct email to share your customer requirements with me as it serves as input into the product roadmap. Please contact the BU with your customer's requirements.

S Stephen Vye

I have two customers in New Zealand that both run 2008 in Virtual Environments, and both have had to put MSP on a 2003 Virtual Server. Two customers is not a lot, but from a country with only 4 Million people and a relatively small market we have around 10 x MSP3 installs, so upwards of 20% are on Windows Server 2008 already. Has anyone else seen a ramp up in 2008 adoption? Cheers Steve

M Michael Holman

I just ran into my first Server 2008 environment.  The customer built a 2003 Server to accomadate but was happy to hear MSP v3.3 is supported on Server 2008 and SQL 2008 snd scheduled for release in mid October.

A Alexandre Silva

Christian This question has been asked already in this forum.  Here is the answers from Allan Herrod:

MSP 3.2 has not been tested on and is not currently supported on Windows Server 2008.At some point some version of MSP 3 will undoubtedly be supported on Windows Server 2008.We are discussing the future roadmap of MSP 3 at this time so I cannot yet say which version that would be or when it could be expected to be available.

and from Daphanie Wallace: Running MSP 3.x on Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 is being discussed internally for a possible late 2009 delivery, however, this is very dependent upon customer uptake of these two products. The BU would like to hear from your customers on how quickly or slowly Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 are being implemented with our existing installed base and with new customers.  Please feel free to use this thread or send me direct email to share your customer requirements with me as it serves as input into the product roadmap. Please provide the BU your customer's requirements for their analysis. Regards Alex

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?