MC9063..what are all possible normal causes for device to enter Flight Mode?

// Expert user has replied.
H Howard Laser 3 years 4 months ago
2 4 0

12:02/04-01-2009 ASAP MC9063 PPC03 1831481 TA Kevin Horgan is troubleshooting issue for Kroger and asks the following question: So let me ask you this…………….. From a flight mode perspective……………… What would/could cause the device to enter flight mode?  Would low power do it? Would CPU spikes cause it?  Etc…etc..

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

H Howard Laser

Thanks, George that's just what I was looking for!

G George Dellaratta

Oh....one more way. If the terminal is suspended and the battery drops below the minimum acceptable level for the radio, which is below the minimum critical for the terminal to operate, then the modem will shut off

H Howard Laser

Thanks.

G George Dellaratta

Flight mode means that the radio has turned off.  The normal ways that this can happen is if the user specifically sets the radio off.  Or, if an application calls an API to do it. Other abnormal conditions could cause this to happen as well.  The network connection could become overloaded and the RIL would turn off the radio.  If, upon resume, the CPU pegs at 100% for an inordinate amount of time due to something in the application, the radio and RIL will not be able to sync-up and the modem with turn off.  I'm sure that there are other ways that this could happen, but I can't think of any others right now.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?