MS4404 continual scan

// Expert user has replied.
J Jamie Craig 3 years 4 months ago
0 2 0

Is it possible for the MS4404 to be permanently scanning? The reason for my question is that I have a customer that has one of these scanners mounted in an enclosure that has a small gap in the front to feed brochures into. The scanner reads the brochure and calls a multimedia file based on the barcode inserted. The issue is that in low light conditions the illumination is so low that the scanner can not "see" the barcode being inserted and it does not trigger. If the device can be made to automatically stay in trigger mode are there any implications to the scanner - overheating / reduced life etc? Thanks. 

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

J Joseph Fydrych

recent F/W has added a low light presentation mode to address your issue. see attached chapter 7 imager preferences - table 7-1

M Milan Riha

I had Spanish customer who had similar issue in October 2008. ECRT was able to create new firmware for MS4400 for low light condition.The firmware file was LOLITDMO.FDL and comes with barcode - low light barcode to turn on this new feature. By default is disabled.I had only Demo code so please ask your support group if the firmware was officially released and if you can test it with your customer.Milan

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?