MSP through VPN

R Robert Caporino 3 years 4 months ago
0 1 0

Has anyone deployed MSP through VPN(Juniper Secure Access) particularly Remote Control. My customer has 1200+ MC75 that they will be deploying and are asking if we have any customer deployments using this and if so any recommendations that we can share. They will be using Remote Control and need to ensure that the communication will be secure as they will not always be on a secure network. They will be at sites that have WiFi access but will be going through internet to get back to corprate; the other times they will be on Cellular(no worries here). Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Rob, I haven't tried MSP with Juniper's client, but I've been testing AirBeam Safe with WLAN.  One thing I found is that MSP doesn't report the IP address assigned by the VPN adapter, but the IP address assigned to the WLAN adapter instead.  I would imagine the same would occur with a cellular connection also.  What this means is that when you click on the Remote Control button in MSP, it attempts to connect to the wrong IP address (the WLAN adapter vs. the VPN adapter) and of course it can't reach this IP.  The GetAdapters utility/package needs to be modified to add more intelligence when picking the best IP address to contact the device.  I have submitted a GRIP request for this. Thanks, Ken

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?