MK2290 and MAC address change

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 4 months ago
0 3 0

Has anyone found out how the MK2290 will be affected by the MAC address change?  I didn't see any Fusion updates for it. Thanks, Ken

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

S Steve Haller

Seems like a logical assumption, but it is not the right one.  Pat and I are supporting an account with over 2000 of the 2290s installed and working through some challengs right now, hence we are involved directly with the MK BU and San Jose BU for the LA5137 radio card. The information we learned yesterday is that the new OUI was cut into production of the radio cards in December '08.  What we don't know yet is what is in the supply chain of cards for service, or if any 2290s have been built using cards with the new OUI.  We'll post new information in the coming days as we learn it -- both on the driver update for the MK2290 and the OUI.

P Pat D'Alonzo

Yes, the OUI update will result in an updated Fusion build for the MK2290, which engineering is working on.  I'm waiting an ETA on a release date from the BU.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Thanks.  Would it be safe to assume that we're not going to start shipping new MK's or repair existing MK's with the new MAC pool for a while since we don't have the driver ready yet?  Any idea when the change over date may be?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?