TCM support for 128 MB Flash configuration

E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 4 months ago
0 3 0

Has anyone been able to get TCM configured to target a 128 MB flash WT4090?  The TCM release in DCP 5.0 only has drop down options for 64 MB flash.  I have a customer that needs to create an Application partition with more than 24.5 MB of data.  The 64 MB drop down selection in TCM only allocates 24.5 MB for Application.  The customer is wondering why they paid the extra money for the 128 MB configuration if we're not allowing them to use it. Thanks, Ken

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Dan/Alan, Thanks for the information.  In addition to TCM not supporting this third partition, it looks like the OS Update utility doesn't support it either.  The customer wants to be able to get a 13 MB CAB file in this partition as part of an OS Update.  We can't get the file to fit into Application.  We'll have to see if we can do something fancy by ZIPing the file into Application and then use SymScript to extract it to the third partition upon boot up.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Ken, I'm not sure why, but the second 64 meg of flash was not added to the application folder, it is a separate folder named something like "On-board ide".

A Alan Livingston

Ken, The second 64MB is in a different physical flash part.  It's not the same type of flash as the first 64MB, so merging the two parts into a single \Application volume was not possible.  To further complicate the problem, TCM doesn't support adding a third volume of this type. This flash part shows up in the file system as a separate volume.  I believe the volume name is \Storage Card.  The customer can access this volume using ActiveSync, a .cab file could be created to install files in this volume, or files can be accessed on this volume programmatically through the \StorageCard volume using any of the typical file I/O functions. You should verify the volume name.  I don't have a 128MB terminal in my possession.  It will show up in ActiveSync Explorer or Windows Explorer on the terminal. -Alan

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?