Odissey client vs Fussion

// Expert user has replied.
V Victor Rojas 3 years 4 months ago
0 1 0

I had been experiencig a big issue with one of our customer that use Funk Steel Belt as its Radius server and load Odissey as the supplicant por authentication and encryption. They had been using Symbol device since many years ago with MC9060 and MC9090. With the MC9060 or the old (prior BSP39) MC9090 they were able to load the Odissey client and use it to connect to the network. Recently -late last year-, they bought 7 more devices and we had try many, many things: different versions of Fussion, different versions of the Odissey client, different parameters configuration, but nothing is working: we are not able to made the MC9090 to connect to the network. The bottom line in this issue is that Fussion and Odissey literally "fight" for the control of the adapters, and when Odissey is installed it received a "adpater unavailable" error, or the other way around. So what we had been trying to do is to configure Fussion to connect to the network instead of Odissey, but without results. I had been capturing, using OmniPeek Personal, traces of the wireless activity and can share it with anybody willing to lend a hand. Also, I have screen captures of the configuration of Fussion. Any help is extremely welcome. The customer gave us till next Friday to solve the issue or they will start searching for another vendor.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

C Christopher Sather

My customer uses Funk SBR and we use Fusion on MC9060, MC9090, MC70 and VC5090.  We have used many versions of fusion for 3 years with no problem.   Radius server you are connecting to should not matter at all to the supplicant in the radio. You need to first solve a basic connectivity problem.  open a case, get some assistance there.  Search the postings for NETLOG, and install that on a device to collect device side traces.  Looking at the netlogs, the airopeek traces, and the SBR logs should tell you where the root cause is. You need to start with just the fusion client on the device and go fromt there with your logs.  the logs, along with a support center case should have this resolved pretty quickly.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?