VC5090 toggle session

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 4 months ago
17 7 0

I have a customer that has VRC8946s and VC5090s (Full screen using vitual keyboard) running VT100. With the VRCs they toggle between the two telnet sessions by pressing either the P1 or P2 button. They would like to do the same with the VCs. I've looked through the Wavelink Device Configuration Manager and cannot find that parameter in there. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance for your help.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

C Catherine Cremmins

Support shoudl be contacted.  P1 - P3 keys have not scan code to make a key macro initially.

A Allan Uecker

It sounds like there are no Wavelink keycodes for the "P" keys. If this is the case, you could probably go to Settings>Control Panel>Programmable Keys and set up the appropriate keystrokes there.  Of course, this would disable those keys from being used for anything else.  I'm wondering if this isn't what they are doing now on the 8946 terminals, since those "P" keys appear to work in a similar fashion.

E Efkan YILMAZ

We have 2 sessions setup and are aware of the two key press to toggle sessions but they would like to 'remap' the P1 and P2 keys to do this.

R Robert Caporino

Ron, Yes you can do this within WaveLink by using key macros. You need to determine what the scan code is to toggle between sessions and for the P1 key.
Scan codes for a key sequence can be determined by the current emulation running in a terminal.Enter Program Diagnostics, then press for Keyboard Test. Check appropriate keyboard documentation for key sequence (typically it is or to enter program diagnostics).Press a key sequence to determine its scan code.

Note: More than one key sequence can produce the same scan code. Pressing the same key sequences on different terminals may produce different scan codes.

Key MacrosA scan code is produced when pressing a key sequence on the terminal. Any scan code can be configured to send a macro sequence, send a different scan code, perform a local function, or in a combination.The syntax is:CODE:[key sequence | \CODE] [..]Scan codes are not recursive when used in a definition.

Examples:

Macro for :

3B00:This is a macro\000D

Macro to send a username/password with embedded scan codes

0001:username\000Dpassword\000D

Swap Backspace and Space.0008:\00200020:\0008Let me know if you have any questions

A Allan Uecker

Ron, Try using the keyboard diagnostic utility (I believe its D or D to start) within Wavelink to determine the keycode for the P1 and P2 keys.  If it provides one, you should be able to set up key macros within Wavelink to remap these.  Let me know if this works.  Thanks.

N Neville Harty

Take a look at the 'Number of Sessions' parameter - by default it is set to 1.

A Allan Uecker

Ron, According to the Wavelink documentation, Right Arrow and Left Arrow should toggle the previous and next sessions using VT on the VC5090. You also need to make sure that you have at least two sessions allowed in your emulation parameters. The keyboard map for this is on Wavelinks website.  I would just attach it, but for some reason I am having trouble doing this.  Hope this helps.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?