MC7596 TELEFONICA BUG PREFERRED ROAMING

// Expert user has replied.
H Herbert De Jong 3 years 4 months ago
1 6 0

1) Time/Date  13/5/2009

2) Response time 8hrs

3) Product  MC7596   R il 1.1.4.9

4) OS Version  OEM 27.6 Spanish 5) Clarify Case #  1850219 As part of Telefonica MC75 Spain certication they have reported following bug 11413
The device doesn't connect to "Vodafone" (priority network) has connected to

"Orange".

This behaviour is NOT accept, because in automtic mode the device MUT connect

to priority network "Vodafone".

Summary: Preferred roaming doesn't work in automatic mode
we have Rillog available . Need some guidance if this can issued as SPR .

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

H Herbert De Jong

This WA is being tested with external company in Telefonica Spain so far it looks good. For Tracking purposes should we not better have a SPR ?

H Hirokazu Haga

Oleg said RIL 1.1.5.1 or later version has a workaround to fix this issue and will provide me with the version we can give to customers for testing. This may include RIL, MUX, and USB drivers. I will send you as soon as I receive them.

H Hirokazu Haga

Oleg said RIL 1.1.5.1 or later version has a workaround to fix this issue and will provide me with the version we can give to customers for testing. This may include RIL, MUX, and USB drivers. I will send you as soon as I receive them.

H Herbert De Jong

Oleg Cinterion replied: Workaround is included in the RIL version 1.1.5.1. and later.You need following reg-key to activate it.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\RIL]

"DoubleCOPS0"=dword:1 The WA is just to send a network related command twice. It seems that after the command was sent once, it doesn't work properly.
You can provide the RIL 1.1.5.6 for Telefonicas testing.

H Hirokazu Haga

This also needs to be forwarded to Cinterion, so be patient.

H Herbert De Jong

(bump ) Hiro is there reponse from Cinterion ?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?