MC75 WILL NOT POWER ON AFTER SUSPEND

// Expert user has replied.
C Carlo Angelo Padilla 3 years 4 months ago
0 4 0

1) Time/Date 5/18/09 12pm 2) Response time 4 HOUR 3) Product MC7598-PYESKQWA9WR 4) OS Version BSP21 5) Clarify Case # 1885972 Can someone please take a look at the following logs?  TA Marc Fluhrer is experiencing an issue with MC7598s not being able to power on after being suspended between 4-8 hours (in or out of the cradle) and needs a warm boot to recover.  He advised that the issue occurred at 2:50PM on May 13th. This has been discussed in the following thread: https://devcentral.symbol.com/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=251&MessageID=159…

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

G Gene Niles

The backup log resource.csv.bck.csv shows the log data before the resource.csv file. The logs show via (process snapshot 37) that the system was spending 90% of it's time in filesys.exe. This typically means a lot of file I/O or logging. If the system was perfoming a lot of CPU prior to the suspend, it seems likely that the device did wake up but was just exteremely slow to turn on the screen since it was busy handling the busy threads. The next step here is to find out what was causing the high CPU load. It appears to be logging related.

G George Dellaratta

I agree, but if you look at the RESOURCE.CSV proper, the device woke up at 12:00 midnight and stayed in UNATTENDED mode for well over an hour and then someone tried to wake it up at 2:50 on 14-May.

G George Dellaratta

My bad...........I confused midnight vs. noon.  I was looking at NOON on 14-May.  2:50PM seemed to have some odd behavior but no warm boot. Looking at the 2:50AM issue, I see what Gene describes.  High CPU usage due to file system activity immediately preceding the suspend.

G George Dellaratta

Could the failure have occurred at 2:50AM on 14-May?  Otherwise the log starts AFTER 2:50 on 13-May.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?