MC75...can the Main BatteryTemperature Notifications be disabled

// Expert user has replied.
H Howard Laser 3 years 4 months ago
0 4 0

15:55/05-18-2009
1 day
MC75
WM6.0/6.1
Can the following notifications be disabled on MC75?

Main Battery Temperature Notifications
Thetemperature notification systemimplements three levels of notificationwhen the temperature within the battery exceeds specifictemperaturethresholds:
• Level 1: Temperature Watch;this level is similar to mainbattery low warning. It indicates that thebattery temperature has reached the firstthreshold level. The usershould move to an environment within proper operating temperature.
• Level 2: Temperature Warning;this level is similar to mainbattery very low warning. It indicates thebattery temperature has reached the secondthreshold level. The usershould stop using the MC75.
• Level 3: Temperature Error;this level indicates the batteryhas reached an unusable temperaturethreshold andimmediately suspends the MC75. This level does not haveany graphicalnotification associated with it.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

H Howard Laser

Thanks, George.

G George Dellaratta

Before looking into this, I need to check if there are any legal requirements prohibiting this message from being suppressed.

H Howard Laser

Thanks, George. I do know that these messages are due to IEEE1725 specs that the MC75 meet. I do not know if disabling this renders that invalid, but customer is used to the MC70's in this hot environment working without these messages displayed.

G George Dellaratta

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Hardware\Motorola\Battery]

"DisableBatteryTempNotificationUI"=dword:xx

xx

Function

Enable Notification

Disable Notification

This registry key suppresses the notification.  It does NOT change the behavior of the terminal.  When the high temperature threshold is reached, the terminal will power down.  With the notification enabled, the user will know why the power down occurred, without the notification, the user may not know why.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?