MC75, WM6.1 and windows lock function

J Jamie Craig 3 years 4 months ago
0 1 0

Not sure if it's me but I have a couple of devices that I can replicate the same problem. Environment: MC75, WM6.1 clean install. Go to settings, lock. set device to lock after one minute and pick a pin. Scenario: Pick up a MC75 that is locked and enter the correct pin. Clock unlock (which flashes to show the button being pressed) but it doesn't unlock. If you enter an incorrect code very quickly and click unlock after several goes it wants you to run through a script that looks as if it's checking the alignment of the screen, but you can get it into a loop that looks as if the lock app is slowing down and becomes unresponsive. The only way out of it is to reload the OS and start from scratch. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

J Jamie Craig

seems it is possible to "hang" PIN lock on:

WM6.1 device

WM6.0 device as well as

WM6.0 emulator

so it may be an application issue?

Reproduce by:

1) Enabling password lock to 1 Minute, with 4 digit pin. 

After the device "Password" application come on after 1 minute idle period. 

2) Put in wrong pin (single digit) many times, quickly one after the other. Pressing OK to each "Password Incorrect" message box and entering 1a2b3c when requested.

3) eventually it stops showing the "Password Incorrect" message box but still accepts digits, and the Unlock key looks like it is being depressed.

4) when it is in the above state, pressing Clr and typing in the correct password also does nothing.

.... in all cases for us so far, eventually the application recovers and the "Password Incorrect" appears again. The customer though has seen it lock even when the device has been idle (not in usage).

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?