MSP 3.21. - remving unwanted Fusion profiles

// Expert user has replied.
M Mario Di Pasquo 3 years 4 months ago
1 4 0

Does anyone have an MSP method to remove extra WLAN profiles in the Fusion client on our current devices ?    A customer would like to remove all profiles (including the Motorola Out of Box Magic ) except the one that he has setup for staging.  Just disabling the other profiles is not enough, the customer wants them deleted.      I am thinking of creating a REG file , bundling it and having it deployed to the MUs but if someone has a better mousetrap I would be eager to hear about it. 

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hello Mario, There maybe a better solution than the .reg file approach.  Kjell Lloyd has written a plugin for symscript that has a command to delete all the profiles.  You can also add profiles via XML with his plugin as well - This is very useful for staging. SymScript also wraps up some of the FUSION API's and you can delete a single profile. You should also reboot if using the .reg file.  You can also do this via a script command. You could also use regmerge or a .Reg file to merge the reg settings as well.  But use what ever solution works for you.

R Richard Linsley-Hood

Please do NOT use scripts for any reason. They are NOT supported for use on production terminals. Please do not use reg files of any form to set registry entries. They are depreciated (and have been since WM 5.0 came out). There are sections of xml provisioning (the supported methodology to set/remove registry items) on most of the Integrator Guides that are available for all our terminals. ---
XML Provisioning vs. RegMerge and Copy File

Prior to Windows Mobile 5.0, Motorola used two drivers (RegMerge and CopyFiles) to update the registry and tocopy files during a cold boot. With Windows Mobile 6, Motorola recommends using XML provisioning instead. RegMerge and CopyFiles are supported for backward compatibility but Motorola may eliminate support in the future. The following sections provide examples of how RegMerge and CopyFiles were used, and how to perform the same function using XML provisioning.
--- The xml I provided earlier is the ONLY supported methodology. Please refrain from recomending or promoting other solutions until that has been tried. Richard LH

G Glenn Sayer

This is the Symscript line that I use to remove all profiles.  DeleteRegistryKey “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SYMBOL TECHNOLOGIES, INC.\PROFILES”

R Richard Linsley-Hood

The use of scripts or reg files to do this sort of thing on Motorola terminals is depreceated now. Using the xml below (in a cab or cfp file) is the Motorola recomended way to remove registry keys from our WM 5/6 terminals.             The cab/cpf file can be delivered by MSP or, if needed, by any other file transport method. Richard LH

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?