MC7090/BSP43 wakeup snot working when both batteries are fully discharged

// Expert user has replied.
H Howard Laser 3 years 4 months ago
0 4 0

10:30/06-01-2009 3 day MC7090 WM5.0 1895865 MC7090/BSP43 is set to Wake from suspend by A/C power or Touchpanel tap or keyboard press.  What is the expected scenario in the case where the main and backup battery are fully discharged. Obviously the unit would not wake on screen tap or keyboard press....but will it wake immediately when A/C power is supplied?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

G George Dellaratta

I agree with your suspicion.  It all depends upon how discharged the batteries are.  There comes a point where the battery is so depleted, that the current required to initiate charging doesn't leave any extra current to wake the terminal.  (i.e. there isn't enough power to trigger the interrupts required to wakeup the device)

H Howard Laser

Thanks, George.

G George Dellaratta

Do you mean that the terminal suspended because the main battery dropped below the critical threshold?

H Howard Laser

Devices are set to suspend after 5 minutes on battery power. Then the main battery drains, followed by the backup battery. Wakeup Devices setting is set for Yes Pwrkey and Yes for Other. It seems sometimes the units will wake correctly...but i suspect when they do not...it is due to complete drainage of batteries.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?