MC70 laser and reading of I2OF5

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 4 months ago
3 3 0

Customer's 8846 (PPT8846-T2BY1DWW) CE42 based solution (laser) has been working 5 years without any major barcode reading issues. Now they just started to use MC70 in their 1st pilot stores and directly they faced issues with reading of Interleave 2/5 barcode.

The issue is that they have printed barcode labels with black line frames and the barcode is too close to the left border making the reading very challenging. I know there sould be 10 elements margin according to the specs, but as with 8846 they have been able to read the barcodes without any issues, and as years have gone by, customer has spread out this barcode very widely. Basically they have marked all the shelves with this.  If you cover up the left side frame of the label, you can read the barcode with MC70.

Customer expects to get at least the same performance as with the existing PPT8846.Has somebody faced and solved some kind of issues?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

S Sean Wheatley

I hear what you say Markus, I suspect nothing can be done with the MC70 to change the situation short of swapping for the imager. Therefore I personally would highlight that the codes are out of spec, this is not ideal for the customer regardless whether other devices can read them or not. It must be a borderline case therefore the customer could expect issues even with the other devices if the codes  drift further out of spec. Better to correct the codes I say.

S Sean Wheatley

Hi, I've experienced similar dilemmas, check that the symbol is within specification and that includes whether the quiet zone is adequate at each end of the code. Chances are the code is out of spec and it just so happens that the PPT8846 reads them but the MC70 doesn't. I'm not sure thats a bad thing if the code is out of spec.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Sean, Yes, you´re right. It is out of specs as the quiet zone is a bit too narow. But our competitors like Datalogic Skorpio and Casio IT600 are reading the barcode very aggressively actually as well as PPT8846 (ce).  If 2of5 lenght check is set, then there shouldn´t be any misdecodes.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?