MC55 Cannot Register Device in Domain

A Anthony Ambler 3 years 4 months ago
0 1 0

Hello Team,

A customer is trying to use the Domain Enroll feature of WM6.1on the MC55 to register the device into their Microsoft Service Center MobileDevice Manager server. They are stating that they get an error "The devicecannot be registered in the Domain" on the MC55.They state they are using the same configuration settings on Samsung and HTCWM6.1 units and they are connecting properly. They also state that they arecurrently only using GPRS to perform the enrollment service.I'm not sure where to begin here as we do not have any way to test this andverify that this feature is working on our units here in support. Do we know if this featurehas been or can be tested in engineering? What about from any of the TAs in the field, have you tested this on the MC55 or other WM6.1 units?I'm not sure how much we support this feature but my concern is that they stateit is working on competitor devices without any problems and failing on ours.At the moment they have not tested any of our other WM6.1units with GPRS yet but they will next week.Thanks for any help and guidance with this issue.Tony

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Tony,   Since SCMDM is policy-based it may be that the enrollment process is checking for a pre-configured device ID and/or manufacturer. They should check the SDMDM server side in order to verify if this is the case since it may just require the MC55 to be configured as a valid device on that side. You could also try pinging the enrollment server from the MC55 to check the IP connectivity. Best Regards, Ian Hatton Emb EMEA

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?