eMscript 1.1.1 prevent MC70 from resume /suspend

// Expert user has replied.
M Matthew Chu 3 years 4 months ago
1 2 0

I have a customer with issue with the MC7094, and I want to use eMscript 1.1.1RC1 (which I got from the compass site) to capture logs and forward to Tier II for analysis.   I've already open a case with Tech support, but was told they don't support eMscript (which counters my belief).  In any event,  I had a good MC70 with BSP43, and when I ran eMscript, and left it suspend, after 2 minutes, I am not able to wake it up.  The only way is to cold-boot the MC70. Warm boot won't do it either.   If I exit eMscript, and let the MC70 suspend, I am able to resume (wake it up).   The question is:  is this a known issue?  or anyone knows how to overcome this? thanks,

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

G Gene Niles

This is not a known issue. We have used emScript on numerous devices under simialr use cases and have not seen this. If you can narrow down the script calls that you feel are suspect, it would help to progress the root cause of the issue. I suspect it is not neccessarialy emScript but more of a system type of interaction on call that the tool is making at the same time as some underlying condition. I would be very interesting to know what it is. Also keep in mind, emScript runs a script that is meant to be easily tailored so if the problem you have is easily reproduced, it should be pretty straight forward to triage. If you still feel there is an emScript issue, you can continue to use this forum or email ECSGTEAM@motorola.com to take this to the next step. The help desk does not support emscript issues but it is used in the support of existing cases. So if you need to engage them, it should be under a normal triage effort. In other words, if you can show the problem where emScript is not a factor, they will look into the issue. They will not look into emScript bugs. This is somthing we do as a best effort within ECSG/ECRT.

J Jarod Fox

Matthew, eMscript is supported by ECSG/ECRT when used in connection with an SPR.  This is not known issue and we are very interested in insuring that it corrected.  Can you provide any additional information pertaining to this scenario. Does the device have AC power when problem occurs? Does the device have WAN data connection? Does the device have WLAN association? Does the device have ActiveSync Connection? Can you zip up the contents of the \Application\emscript directory of a device that does not recover and submit it to the forum for analysis. Thanks,

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?