MC1000 - ActiveSync Passthrough

K Kenneth Ryan 3 years 4 months ago
0 2 0

1.  11:04 AM 7/1/2009 2.  3 Day 3.  MC1000 4.  CE 5.0 Core 5.  1915374 Does the MC1000 CE 5.0 Core device have the necessary system components to support ActiveSync passthrough. I know there is no IE, ect.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

K Kenneth Ryan

Hi Ken,

I tested the one of the MC1000 CE 5.0 terminals here.

When I use the command: ping wwwgate0.mot.com (Proxy server), MC1000 terminal resolves the IP address 10.232.29.201, but the PING command is reporting an error.

The same results are seen with MC9060 CE 5.0 and MC9090 CE 5.0 (In these cases too PING command fails). But with these devices I can connect to a Windows 2000 Server present in Intranet. So we don’t have to think much about PING failure. Connecting to server will work on MC1000 CE 5.0 also.

Customer can either use ActiveSync for connection, or can try using a TCP server on the CE device and a configuration application on the PC that runs over the RNDIS link.

Regards,

Nagaraj L | ECRT India

K Kenneth Ryan

From this MS Link it looks like it would be, but I need confirmation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa910850.aspx
ActiveSync Desktop Pass-through(DTPT) is a technology that enables a Windows Embedded CE-based deviceto transparently access external networks such as the Internet, throughthe desktop computer to which it is connected. By default, DTPT is enabled when the device is connected to the desktop running ActiveSync.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?