MC7090 - Allowing SoftPhone program to override WM5 Device Lock

J Jack Burleson 3 years 4 months ago
1 1 0

Hi All, I have a large customer with a MC7090 (WM Premier 5 OS) who has a Softphone app running on it.  However, they also have implemented the WM device lock OS feature to lock the device after 5 minutes of non-use.  After the device locks an incoming call cannot be answered until the user enters the unlock code.  Can anyone help provide direction on a method to define / code the app to be allowed to run and let the user answer the Softphone call without unlocking the WM OS - similar to the way dialers on WM Smartphone work? Thank you in advance for your help!

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Based on the information in your post, one solution may be to code a custom LAP (Local Athentication Protocol) plugin for the customer. A LAP is the underlying technology that is used when the user needs to unlock the device by entering a password.  It's possible to implement a custom LAP and override the default behavior to "automatically" unlock the device when an incoming phone call is pending (as long as the incoming call be be detected). I've had to implement a custom LAP for another customer to override the default lock behavior.  For this customer, the security protocol was enabled by the Exchange Server.  They wanted our devices to not be locked while standard PDA's would be authenticated. If you want to include me on a conference call with the customer to discuss this approach, contact me directly.  This is the sort of work my group at Motorola performs under the aegis of ECRT.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?