Utility program needed ... Scan a barcode .. Pair to BT Printer

// Expert user has replied.
C Carl Pearson 3 years 4 months ago
0 3 0

Her's hoping that there is a common utility already in place to pair to BT device after scanning a barcode with the device's (a printer) connection data.  Probably would want source code so it can be tweeked by the psychotic helpless customer who ... nevermind, they pay their bills. Maybe a SymScript? A common PIN number is acceptable for minimal security. Carl Texas

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Carl, I wrote the attached SymScript.  It's designed to work with the MC75 and an O'Neil printer.  The script instructs the user to press the red button on the printer to print out the configuration report which includes a barcode with the printer's BT address.  The user then scans the barcode.  A BT favorite is then created on COM5.  A test message is also sent to the printer that it is paired with the MC75. You can modify the script to print a different test message for another device (i.e. MC70, etc.).  FYI - If you plan on using the script with the MC75, there's a bug in the Stone Street stack.  It doesn't include the API call to add a BT favorite.  The Support Center has an updated SS1 build that supports the API.  I found the same problem with the MC70 WM 6.1 build.  I would imagine the same problem would exist with the MC55 also. When installing the script on your device, make sure you include the scanner DLL with the SymScript EXE so the scanner will work. Thanks, Ken

T Thomas Cassar

Just a quick note that the latest BTE stack was posted to the HotFix site yesterday.

K Khazi-Syed Taheer Ahmed

Attached is the sample application that will perform pairing by scanning barcode of the remote device BD address. Taheer

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?