MC9090 (CE) vs LXE MX7

// Expert user has replied.
P Paul Pandelidis 3 years 4 months ago
2 2 0

We are in a competitive situation at a client called Gilden. An other Partner is recommending the LXE MX7 with 128/128 MB memory foot print vs our 64/46 on CE based 9090. The applications is 3rd Party and most terminals will be used in Batch mode. Claims are that 128/128 will perform faster due to this increased footprint. Any imperical or other information you can provide to position ourselves properly against this would be helpfull Thx Paul Pandelidis

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

G Gene Niles

maybe try a tool like emscript and compare the relative CPU load.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Paul,   I would not expect to see a significant difference in performance between two CE units based on memory size although the type of flash chips used in each design could be relevant if they are writing data to on-board flash memory. This could be checked with a simple file benchmark e.g. write and read 100 x 10KB files and record the overall time. Looking at the specs of the MX7, a more significant advantage for the 9090 is the processor spec  i.e. MX7:  Intel ® XScale® PXA255 400MHzMC9090: Intel XScale Bulverde PXA270 624 MHz  I would expect to see better overall performance with the same application running on the 9090 based on the newer processor + higher clock speed.Best Regards,Ian HattonEMb EMEA

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?