Writting Software to talk to GPIO

M Marc-Andre Giroux 3 years 4 months ago
5 2 0

Our partner is trying to write an application so that when a laptop goes to back door and is picked up by fixed portal. Their application confirms it's okay to leave and sends a command to XR, to send a signal using the GPIO to a door to tell it to open/unlock, via dry switch.

The partner wants to know if it is possible to control the IO via http. They can't have software running on the XR. If anyone know how this can be acheived or if you have a document that explains how can be done it would be greatly appreciated..

Abstract: We have XR readers working with WiseTrack but need to send a command from the partners Application (running on the server) to the reader's GPIO. The partner application needs to ability to when a tag is scanned flip a switch, via one of the pins in the GPIO, so a camera or other product can be activated  "ON"

Information about the partners application that he sent to me.They are using HTTP protocol to collect data from the reade, in this case, communication initiates from device. There are other ways to  communicate with the device, namely, stream control and serial protocol.

His understanding about the GPIO:A, ways to read GPIO status can only been found in stream protocol.B, Ways to set GPIO can only be achieved by "C" program running on  device itself.C, stream and HTTP protocol won't get along since firmware 3.xx.

The ideal solution is we can find a method to control GPIO via HTTP protocol.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

It is possible to get and set GPIO status from external program using XR C API. Version 3.0 is available from support.symbol.com. Versions 3.10 exists but has not been released yet, you may ask support for it. Attached is XR C API Programming Reference Guide.

M Marc-Andre Giroux

Valery, I am looking for the ability to use the GPIO to transmit a signal and not check on a status... I will look at the attached guide and see if it is possible. Also I am looking ideally to do this using HTTP or Bytestream but if C is the only option then I guess it will have to do.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?