MC3090 USBConfig Mass Storage Issue

// Expert user has replied.
K Kenneth Ryan 3 years 4 months ago
0 7 0

1.  11:11 AM 8/27/2009 2.  3 Day 3.  MC3090 4.  CE 5.0 BSP 35 5.  1955889 The issue is the MC3090 BSP 35 USBConfig applet, when set the USB Client Mode and Mass Storage, is not Warm Boot or Cold Boot persistent. When I set the device out of the cradle to USB Client Mode and Mass Storage setting, it will work properly when I cradle the device to my PC as a mass storage device, will not ActiveSync.  When I take the device out of the cradle and warm boot it, then insert into the cradle, my PC will ActiveSync even though it should be a mass storage device.  Going into USBConfig the setting is set to USB Client Mode and Mass Storage.  Clicking Ok now it will work as expected.  I then took the device out of the cralde and set the device to USB Client Mode and ActiveSync setting and installed a reg key with the following entries into the \Application directory. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\Usbfn] "EP0StallCounter" = dword:00000011 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\FunctionDrivers] "CurrentUsbClient" = "Mass Storage" After cold booting the device will still ActiveSync to the PC even though when i go into USBConfig its set for USB Client Mode and the Mass Storage Setting. Questions: Is this setting supposed to persist on Warm or Cold Boot via the GUI or reg keys? Is this a bug?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

K Kenneth Ryan

Thank you Vikram.  I opened SPR 17589 on this.  If you are correct I expect that the solution will be to modify the applet to display the proper setting on warm/cold boot to match the actual setting.

G George Dellaratta

I think that the purpose of the SPR is to properly define the operation and make sure that it is consistent.  I have no problem saying that this functionality is not persistent, but the GUI should properly show the state.

K Kenneth Ryan

George, Nope, question is Can these settings from the Control Panel Applet be Warm or Cold boot persisted. Because once set from the GUI and you warm boot, they dont even persist then.

G George Dellaratta

Hmmmm, that seems to be different than what we would expect. Please open an SPR.

V Vikram Mangeshwar

I believe the MC3090 USBConfig Mass Storage feature is not persistent across reboots by design. I guess there is a case for starting off in the ActiveSync mode after a reboot. The Applet however incorrectly displays the Mode as Mass Storage.

K Kenneth Ryan

I found SPR 16333 dealt with an issue similar to this but this looks like it was an issue with the beta of BSP 35 when this was first being put into place, SPR was closed in January 2009 and BSP 35 was released July 2009.  I also saw no fix attached to the SPR or Product Fixes on this.

G George Dellaratta

You'll notice that SPR 16333 is a Value Engineering SPR, not a bug fix SPR.  The result of this SPR was an addition to the maintenance release.  I think that your question is "Can the settings from this control panel applet be cold boot persistent?"  Correct?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?