MPA 1.5 and MSP Agent version 5.93

// Expert user has replied.
M Michael Holman 3 years 4 months ago
0 1 0

I noticed that MPA Release has newer agent on device than what is in MSP 3.2.1. I checked compass for the newer client and can't find it nor is it on Support Central. Will this newer agent be posted for existing MSP 3.2 installs? MSP will not downgrade the agent but what impact will that have on Staging, Policy Compliance, etc.?  I will test all this in the lab soon but I wanted to put it out there for comment.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

A Allan Herrod

Michael; We often release new agent versions as needed to support devices with new features or that require new workarounds, etc.  We don't generally make such new agents available between MSP Releases as an update package unless there are important bugs that they fix in other devices.  When we release a new version of MSP, we always provide the latest agent, which is generally the same or newer than what shipped in any device. When we release a newer agent in a device, the device team runs through an MSP Compliance test to ensure that it works with the current shipping version of MSP.  The device release notes should state that fact.  We do not recommend downgrading a device from a later version of agent that ships in it to an earlier version that came in an update package with MSP.  The compliance testing is done to ensure that the newer agent is backward compatible and can safely be used. So, if your device shipped an agent that is as new or newer than the agent that came with the version of MSP that you are using, you should use the agent that shipped in the device.  If your device shipped with an agent that is older than the agent that came with the version of MSP that you are using, you should apply the update package to bring the agent to the version that came with MSP.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?