Competitive Wireless Head Office Refresh

I Ian Jobson 3 years 4 months ago
0 1 0

All, My customer, Marks and Spencer, currently is a big user of Symbol / Motorola wireless, they have our kit in their stores, warehouses and also their head office locations. The HQs were deployed on WS5000s with AP200s and was the first big wireless switch carpeted deployment in the UK and I think Europe. We had our challanges but it has been running reasonably well for a while, but they are now looking to upgrade. Unfortunately, due to their due dilligence policies they have to review the market and have not just defacto decided to deploy Moto wireless again. We are now competitive against Cisco, 3Com (who provide wired switches for the stores) and HP. The solution we are proposing in RFS7000s, AP7131s (dual and tri radio), AirDefense and RFMS. The attached documents are the requirements and capability documents drawn up by the customer and the partner. All the other suppliers have been sent these documents and apparently Cisco have come back this morning to say that the original solution they proposed would not meet the requirements and needs a complete redesign, obviously I don't want to be in the same boat. We received the documents yesterday and in try customer form we have until tomorrow morning to comment. I am reviewing them, I have sent them to our local wireless SEVT leads, but would welcome any extra pairs of eyes that are available. Thanks IJ

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

M Manju Mahishi

Ian,

I quickly scanned the document and it appears that our proposed solution will meet all their requirements. I did not see any potential red flags.

If you wish, we can have a quick call to review any areas that you need further clarification on. What form of formal response are they looking for?

I have attached a Deployment Architecture overview document that you can leverage as part of your response. If you need additional info on other specific questions, let me know.

Manju

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?