KioskIE on MK500 & MK4000

// Expert user has replied.
J Jack Burleson 3 years 4 months ago
0 3 0

Hi All, Does anyone know if kioskIE is loaded on the MK500 and / or MK4000?  If not loaded, will it run on these devices?  I have a large customer who utilizes customized web functionality based around the extensions of this product, thus this program would allow a smooth transition from MK2000/2200 to these devices. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

N Neville Harty

Kioskie is not included with the MK500 or MK4000, as Symbol Pocket Browser is part of the standard image. We had a large customer with the same issue, and our only solution was to have their application modified to use Symbol Pocket Browser. There were no plans to ever put kioskie on the new kiosks, and I don't believe this will change.

A Arsen Bandurian

And I think it's right, provided that PB comes for free on new MKs. Our partners had to tweak their software as well and are quite happy now that they deal with PB's extended features.

A Arsen Bandurian

I checked the usual locations on MK500 and haven't found it (I got partner's request prior to looking for that). I suppose that the situation with MK4000 is the same.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?