Siebel HH 8.1.1. and MC75 with OS 2.35.01

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
1 2 0

I tried to install Siebel HH sw to MC75 and MC55 using .cab package .On both units I am getting the error complaining about certificate error/missing components:

"The file 'siebel' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

I am not really convinced this is an error caused by a certificate, as all the other applications install fine and our Integrator Guide clearly states that: "Motorola ships all Windows Mobile 6 based products in an *open* state, which means all signed and unsigned applications should work. However, customers can still reconfigure their MC75s to operate in the *trusted* mode." (Trusted - All applications must be digitally signed by a certificate on the MC75.)"

All the units I have been testing operate in 'Open' mode and use the same Windows 6.1 Pro version & build. From Settings-System-About: CE OS 5.2.20963 (Build 20963.1.5.2)

Intermecs use CE OS 5.2.20774 (Build 20774.1.4.8) and they run just fine.

Does anybody know how to overcome this issue? BTW. With the BETA release 903401 we did not have this issue.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

G Glenn Sayer

Try installing the Security Configuration Manager and see if this fixes the issue. 

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7E92628C-D587-…

H Herbert De Jong

MC55 OEM 27 Aku 1.4.1 and MC55 & MC75 OEM 35 Aku 1.5.2  can have a problem with Filenames which are ALL CAPITALS and are placed in Windows Folderafter a reboot these files are not accesibleSee SPR 17376With Siebel Cab file the following files were causing the problem: MFC3.dll and MFC80U.DLL  after renaming both to mfc3.dll  & mfc80u.dll   The errors are not seen anymore.For Customers who create Visual Studio Projects compiled with 2005 or 2008  this can be a problem as well as MFC80U.DLL or MFC90U.DLL  are added in CAPTITALS.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?