Changing Mobile IE version on OEM 35

// Expert user has replied.
H Herbert De Jong 3 years 5 months ago
0 2 0

Changing Mobile IE version on OEM 35 MC55 MC75 OEM 35 have both by default IEMobile 8.12 aka "6 on 6" as the browser.Some functionality is not working ok:- Datawedge 31. cannot be configured on the Unit because local host cannot be reached.- some webpages are not rendering ok With following regkey the IEMobile mode 7.11 can be set on OEM 35
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Internet Explorer]"MSHTML"=dword:00000000     ; value change to 0     IEMobile 7.11 functionality ; value 1 is default     IEMobile  8.12 functionalityAfter this change Datawedge 3.1 will work locallyalso Menu within IEM will show "One Column" and "Fit to Screen" options againsee also attached document.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

J Jon Preedy

Hey, out of curiosity has anyone tried this registry entry on an MC3100? I may need to make a 3100 use 7.11, so this would be really handy. So would be having an MC3100 so I could test for myself, but that's a separate discussion...  TIA, -JP EDIT: I managed to get my hands on a test device and I can confirm that this REG change also works on the MC3100 WM6.1 running OS 05.02.20961

G Gene Niles

Micorsoft does not want us to use it but I find it gets the borwser to work exactly like PIE including some of the issues it has. My recommendation is to use this at your risk and treat only as a work around.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?